Announcement No.: CSR12202013-36
Position: Customer Service Representative
Division/Department: Customer Service
Salary Range: $35,500 - $42,300
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Site: Arlington, VA
Work Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (not actual work hours)
Area of Consideration: All applicants
Opening Date: February 11, 2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for customer support for online journals and books, answering the calls from association members, non-members, and publishing customers, processing their requests for orders, information, technical help, and inquiries. This position is a highly visible one and requires the use of several databases both for looking up information, analyzing and for updating. Knowledge of both the membership and publishing activities of the American Psychiatric Association and the ability to impart information to customers in a highly skilled, accurate, and professional manner is necessary.
- Customer support for online subscriptions and web sites, including access issues, order and payment information, and content explanation.
- Manage membership calls and emails inquiries by answering directly or transferring to the appropriate APA department.
- Manage calls and inquiries from non-members by answering requests directly or transferring to the appropriate APA department.
- Manage calls and orders for APA’s publishing program.
- Provide administrative, operations, and financial support to department for reoccurring tasks and special projects.
EXPERIENCE AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school degree plus four years of experience in business operations, customer service, publishing or information technology.
- Or college degree plus one year of experience in business operations, customer service, publishing, or related field.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including ability to compose clear and professional correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, and professionally with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to make decisions about customer issues and determine when to seek assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to use complex data processing system such as member or order processing software.
- Proficiency in word processing, Excel, and email systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work as a team member in a production-oriented environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants must submit cover letter and resume with salary requirements.
RESUMES SUBMITTED FOR CONSIDERATION WILL NOT BE RETURNED TO THE APPLICANT. Employment will require a background check.
WHERE TO APPLY:
Via Email: HRAPPS@psych.org
Via Mail or Delivery: Office of Human Resources
American Psychiatric Association
1000 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, Virginia 22209-9998
ATTN: Customer Service Representative
Via Fax: (703) 907 - 1088
OFFICIAL JOB OFFERS ARE MADE BY THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES ONLY
APA IS A DRUG FREE WORKPLACE