The APA's Office of International Activities focuses on strengthening the association's membership base as well as continuing the association's long tradition of collaboration with likeminded organizations devoted to furthering the mission of psychiatry.
Other goals include:
- supporting international participation in the annual meeting;
- effectively meeting the needs of international members;
- serving as a coordinating center for international education and support of psychiatry in developing countries;
- expanding opportunities for international collaboration in all DSM activities;
- increasing the accessibility of the international psychiatric community to evidence-based practice that uses the DSM and APA Practice Guidelines.