Many leaders in psychiatry, indeed medicine, started their career as chief residents. These are individuals selected for their natural ability to serve in this demanding role. However, most chief residents begin their tenure with only the example of their predecessors to guide them. Very few have any formal training in organizational issues, teaching, or leadership, and many have no preparation at all for their new responsibilities. This conference will train and guide the participants in their current role as "chief" and future leaders in the field.
Each ACGME-accredited general psychiatry residency training program and child psychiatry fellowship can send at least one chief resident to attend this conference.
Goals and Objective:
- Enrich the participants' command of their personal leadership style as they lead teams and groups of colleagues to build consensus between the program leadership and residents.
- Train the participants as they deal with administrators and faculty
- Meet and network with leaders in psychiatry.
- Delve deeper in particular career tracks through breakout sessions that are hands-on and interactive in style.
- Increase resident leaders' participation in areas of medicine where psychiatry is not normally represented
Date: May 19, 2013
Program: A full day of special leadership training sessions
Hotel: Hilton Union Square, San Francisco, CA
How to Apply:
Registration Closes: May 1, 2013
Contact: Ms. Grace Shanks